An All Natural Cosmetics Company with the Purest Business Principles
For Suzie Wang, a messy accident ultimately led to the business of her dreams. While formulating an eye cream at a large cosmetics company, the soon-to-be founder of 100% Pure (an all natural cosmetics and skincare company), spilt one of the chemicals. The eroded table was a distinct reminder of how toxic some of the chemicals we use on our faces every day can be. “Why am I even using such a harsh chemical to make products people use on their bodies in the first place?” she asked herself. From that moment forward, Wang was determined to create the most pure products in the world.
100% Pure products are just that – curated completely from naturally-occurring and organic ingredients without the use of artificial colors, artificial fragrances, synthetic chemical preservatives and all other toxins. The brands makeup collection, which has been a cornerstone of 100% Pure’s distinctiveness since the start, is “fruit dyed,” meaning products only contain the color pigments found in fruits unlike the synthetic dyes or minerals found in other makeup products.
Wang discovered how beautifully powerful nature’s own ingredients can be one summer while she was picking berries in her organic garden and realized the gorgeous stain they gave her skin. With patent pending technology, 100% Pure is the only brand on the market using this fruit dyed technique for pigmentation. All the antioxidants and vitamins in fruits and veggies are found in the pigments so with these products, you’re applying all the same healthy nutrients directly onto your skin! The brand sent me the Black Tea Mascara, Pomegranate Oil Anti Aging Lipstick, and Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream (a godsend for combatting dark circles) to try and I must say, I’m beyond impressed.
Here’s a breakdown of a few of 100% Pure’s most loved ingredients and why the products are so effective from their blog:
- Blackberry – You already know these as a super fruit for your diet, but blackberries are also great for the skin because they limit cancer-causing free radicals, while eliminating fine lines and wrinkles because they’re packed with antioxidants. Not only will blackberry pigment give you the rich color you’re looking for in a smoky eye, but you’ll also see the benefit of reduced fine lines in and around the creases of your eyes. Find it in:
- Cranberry – Like blackberries, cranberries are full of vitamins A and C, which helps boost collagen production – a naturally occurring protein that acts as scaffolding to hold the body together, which is what keeps skin looking firm and vibrant. In addition to being ultra moisturizing and hydrating, it also has gorgeous bright pink pigmentation. Find it in:
- Peach – Everyone’s favorite summer fruit is prized for its juicy, sweet, and tender flesh – it’s also packed with vitamin C, which combats fine lines and wrinkles, alongside powerful antioxidants. Find it in:
- Goji Berry – Goji berries have been all the rage in the health and beauty world recently because they are loaded with beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A to function in tissue growth and repair and also protects against damage as an antioxidant.
- Pomegranate Oil – Loaded with antioxidants, vitamins K and C, potassium, copper, zinc and iron, pomegranate oil is even better at replenishing skin than green tea and can help to prevent premature skin aging. With the power of pomegranate oil paired with shea butter, say hello to a plump, firm, and well-moisturized pout thanks to 100% Pure!
Below, I’m wearing the Fruit Pigmented Pomegranate Oil Anti Aging Lipstick in Foxglove ($28) and Maraca Mascara in Black Tea ($25). I cannot believe how much volume and length I’m getting from an all natural mascara! I’m also thrilled with the color of this lipstick. With just a hint of color, it’s a great alternative to a standard nude lipstick (which I often find makes my face look washed out). Try 100% Pure with a 20% discount on all products featuring the ingredient of the month! I also recommend checking out the gorgeous NEW Fruit Pigmented Pretty Naked II Palette – a collection of classically flattering colors that look stunning together to give you a sultry natural look featuring a luminizer, blush, and 3 eye shadows.
In its first decade, 100% Pure has achieved great success bringing in $20 million in wholesale revenue in 2014 alone according to a feature on the American Express Open Forum platform. Wang is confident that as long as the company continues to adhere to the wholehearted principles it was founded upon, growth will continue. She shares, “My dad told me that you can always get someone to buy something once, but you have to have the best quality products if you want them to come back again and again.”